How Often Should I Use Ginseng?
- Many authorities recommend from 1-2 grams of pure high quality ginseng powder per day, but this may be difficult to follow if you are ingesting ginseng in a tea, or in a capsule that may not contain pure ginseng or top quality root.
- An easier guide, when purchasing dried ginseng root, is to eat 2-8 pieces each day, spread out over the course of the day. A slice of ginseng root about the size of a nickel, or a piece around the size of a small nut is best.
- Native American Indians used to chew on ginseng when running great distances in order to maintain their stamina.
- When ingesting as a tea one or two cups a day are sufficient. You can also soften the root or root slices in a cup of hot water, and then eat the softened slices with the resulting tea.
- If the taste is too bitter, you may add some pure honey to the tea, but never sugar.